Checklist Documentation for Buying
List of Items Required:
- W2s from Prior 2 years
- W2s are a part of a complete tax return and the lender will request to see all of the W2s filed with each return you are providing.
- This includes W2s for a non-borrowing spouse if they are on the returns filed.
- Personal Tax Returns from Prior 2 Years
- Include all pages/schedules filed with each return.
- Make sure that the tax returns are signed.
- If the current tax year is on extension, please provide a copy of the extension and the prior 2 years filed returns.
- Most Recent Paystubs - Covering the last consecutive 30 day period.
- Most Recent 2 Months Bank Statements for Checking, Savings, and Brokerage
- Must show assets to cover down-payment, closing costs, & reserves.
- Include All pages for each statement.
- If the statement says Page 1 of 5, include all 5 pages - this will be a requirement in underwriting
- If Renting, Contact for Landlord
- If Business Owner:
- Complete tax returns for company from prior 2 years.
- Copies of 2 Forms of Identification